Chikara King of Trios (night three)
This was the final night of King Of Trios 2014. My friend and I noted that there appeared to be a few more people in attendance then the previous nights. Galvin Loudspeaker kicked of with the evening run down and got the show started.
1. The Golden Trio beat The Flood with a Throwbacks 3D followed up by a Chikara Special by Icarus on Volgar for the win. The Golden Trio advances to the Trios Final later on.
2. Devastation Corporation beat 3Peck0 with their Sit-Out/Top Rope Splash Combo. Devastation Corporation advances to the King Of Trios Finals to face The Golden Trio.
3. Mark Andrews beat Sir Oliver Grimsly with a Shooting Star Press.
4. This was a Tag Team Gauntlet Match. The first two teams were Los Ice Creams and Old Fashion (Jervis Cottonbelly and Marion Fontaine). The following is a run down of the matches:
– Los Ice Creams beat Old Fashion.
5. The Submission Squad beat The Gentlemen’s Club (Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak, Freshly Squeezed Orange Cassidy and Swamp Monster) via all four members of the Submission Squad pulling of a finisher on Swamp Monster. This was an Atomico’s Match.
6. Rey De Voladores Final. Shynron beat The Great Sanada via a 450 Splash from the second turnbuckle.
7. Devastation Corporation beat The Golden Trio with their Sit-Out/Top Rope Splash Combo on Dasher Hatfield to win the 2014 King of Trios.
Post match, all the Flood members came out and attacked the fallen Golden Trios. A handful of Chikara wrestlers came to make the save only to be beaten down by the Flood. Jimmy Jacobs and Eddie Kingston confronted Icarus and demanded that he hand over the belt or else the Flood destroys what is left of Chikara. After a moments pause, Icarus handed the belt over and informed Kingston that by taking the belt and destroying Chikara, the belt means nothing. Kingston then laid out Jimmy Jacobs and other nearby Flood members as the Chikara members rallied and chased the Flood members away from the ring.
The show ended with the Chikara members hugging and doing group poses.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?