– Said his reality show works because it is “normal” and people can relate to it.
– About his return, Hogan said Vince called him and wanted to “re-launch the brand.”
– Hogan said people identify with his character because he is a good, wholesome hero.
– When asked about the negative aspects of wrestling, such as the violence, Hogan said that in the end, wrestling is about good vs. evil and good always wins.
VINCE & LINDA JOIN HOGAN
– Hogan and Vince joked that their wives really control everything.
– When asked what brought them back together, Vince said that they are good together and should never be apart.
– Hogan put over Vince, saying it took both of them to make the Hogan character work. Vince then said that it is the performer who makes the character work and that he gets more credit than he should.
– When asked about Vince McMahon compared to his father, Hogan said that Vince takes everything to the edge while his father was more conservative. Hogan said he is on Vince’s team.
– Hogan said Vince always gives him good advice, and one of the times he didn’t listen to Vince was when he went on the Arsenio Hall and was asked about steroid use. Hulk said that was one of the low moments of his life.
– Hogan said that when Vince came up with the Undertaker idea for Mark Calaway, he thought it would never work.
– Hogan said his favorite wrestlers are Andre the Giant, Billy Graham, and Jimmy Snuka.
– When asked when he will return to the ring himself, Vince said “you never know.”
– When asked about an Austin vs. Hogan match, Hogan said it is a match that “needs to happen.”
– Vince said they will push the envelope even more on USA Network.
– Linda said women are portrayed as strong and independent on WWE TV.
– Vince blamed the failure of the Muhammad Hassan character on the performer. Hah!
– Linda said all aspects of business are up.
– Austin said that wrestling is a grind but it is the greatest job he has ever had.
– Austin talked about coming in as the Ringmaster and how he knew that character wouldn’t work. He said the “Stone Cold” character works because average people can identify with it.
– Austin said he loved doing “The Longest Yard” and even though critics hated it, the movie was a hit at the box office.
– They discussed Austin’s WWE movie, “The Condemned,” briefly.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?