– Jeff Jarrett came out, wanting to know what was going on with Sting. He didn’t get any answers.
– Samoa Joe defeated Jay Lethal.
– Alex Shelley defeated Matt Bentley. Shannon Moore was watching the match.
– Rhino defeated Joe Doering. Rhino then got on the mic and said he would be going through everyone on Team Canada until he got his hands on Scott D’Amore.
– Team 3D defeated David Young & Elix Skipper. Former WWE referee Earl Hebner came out and watched the match.
– Jeff Jarrett, America’s Most Wanted, Gail Kim, Team Canada and Abyss, came out to the ring. Jarrett was making sure they were all on the same team, and talked about taking out Team 3D, Christian, and Rhino. The lights went out, and the Sting symbols appeared on the screens again. The lights came on and Team 3D, Christian and Rhino appeared on the ramp, and came to the ring to run off the heels.
– Matt Bentley, with Traci, came out dressed as Santa Claus. They brought Christian down to the ring, and “Santa” presented him with a bunch of gifts including glasses and white pants like Jeff Jarrett wears, a wig, and Jarrett T-Shirt, so he could “look more like a champion”, leading to them putting down Jarrett by saying that “isn’t what a champion looks like”. Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown came out for a brief brawl, but Christian escaped, and Sting’s logo appeared on the screens again.
– Christopher Daniels defeated Eric Young. Alex Shelley came to ringside and videotaped the match. Shannon Moore watched the match from the top of the heel ramp.
– Abyss defeated Chris Sabin with the Black Hole Slam. Earl Hebner came out and observed this match.
– Ron Killings defeated Kenny King. After the match, Bob Armstrong came out on the ramp, but Ron Killings said he was “done” with the situation and had “nothing to say”.
– Christian defeated Chris Harris with the Unprettier. Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown attacked Christian, giving him the Pounce and the Stroke on the title belt.
– Rhino defeated A-1 with the Gore. Abyss attacked Rhino after the match as Rhino was going after Scott D’Amore and gave Rhino a chokeslam and a Black Hole Slam.
– James Storm defeated AJ Styles with a superkick. Styles had been trying to give Gail Kim the Styles Clash when Storm hit Styles with a beer bottle, setting up the finish. Christopher Daniels and Larry Zbyszko came out to check on Styles, and Zbyszko announced that the “first match of 2005” would be America’s Most Wanted vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels. America’s Most Wanted came out to attack Daniels & Styles, but Christian came out to make the save.
– Monty Brown & Jeff Jarrett defeated Kenny King & Shark Boy. Jackie Gayda came out before the match started, but she was taken to the back by security. The lights went out after the match, and the Sting symbol appeared on the screens again.
– Samoa Joe defeated Roderick Strong. Shannon Moore and Earl Hebner were watching this match from separate parts of the building.
New Year’s Eve Match:
– They announced that Sting was indeed the newest acquisition by TNA. Christian announced that the main event of the Final Resolution Pay-per-view would be Sting & Christian vs. Monty Brown & Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett came out, then Brown, which was followed by Rhino, then America’s Most Wanted, then Team 3D, with the babyfaces running off the heels.
– In what will be promoted as the “first match of 2006” America’s Most Wanted defeated AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels after Shannon Moore came to the ring and gave Styles a neckbreaker off the ropes following a ref bump, allowing Storm to pin him.
After the taping ended, Christopher Daniels defeated Chris Harris in a singles match with the Angel’s Wings to send the crowd home happy.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?