St Kilda, Dal Santo Coy On Future
Dal Santo’s manager Tom Petroro told the AFL’s Trade Week Radio on Friday that it will take the final week of the trade period to determine whether his star client stays or leaves St Kilda.
"I will say that throughout this process Nick was aware there were two options and that was staying or going,” Petroro said. “Nick's never gone through the process basically saying one out 'I'm staying at St Kilda or I'm going to North Melbourne'.
"He's understandable that each party needs to win out of the situation and until we get to a decent compromise, we're still not sure how it will unfold."
The latest rumblings have St Kilda allowing Dal Santo to walk as a free agent and would send defender Luke Delaney in return for the ‘gesture’, however the Saints are yet to move on any proposal.
Petroro also suggested other clubs had expressed interest in the 29-year-old, but stated North are front runners should Dal Santo leave his AFL home. Essendon were mentioned as another team with interest.
Also on Friday, St Kilda went public with their failed bid to land incoming future AFL star Tom Boyd.
It was previously thought Greater Western Sydney, in possession of this year’s No.1 draft pick, had dangled their valuable asset around the league. St Kilda came into the trade period in possession of picks 3 and 21 and added another (No.17) in the Ben McEvoy trade earlier this week.
“We have approached GWS on pick one, but they are reluctant to trade this selection,” St Kilda football boss Chris Pelchen told the Saints website in a live chat. “(They) have not provided any indication as to what they would be seeking to do so.”
Pelchen also stated GWS had expressed interest in veteran Sam Fisher.
Follow Robert White on Twitter @RobertWhitebrrr.
Morne de Klerk, Getty Images.