Skyrim Is Most Played Game in 2011
Raptr, a popular gaming stat tracking service, has posted their inaugural year-end awards for 2011. By monitoring individual playtimes, average play session lengths and total playtime shared, Raptr was able to peg down what games got the most attention from gamers over the course of this past year. Below you can find the biggest winners, but you can also head to Raptr’s full site to read the full report.
- Most Played Game – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Most Played Shooter – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Most Played RPG – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Most Played Open-World Game – Batman: Arkham City
- Most Played Sports Game – FIFA Soccer 12
- Most Played Social Game – The Sims Social
- Most Played New IP – L.A. Noire
- Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – DC Universe Online
Skyrim taking top honors should not really be a big surprise considering how massive the title is. It’s the definition of a time sink. It should also come as no surprise that Modern Warfare 3 walked away (slowly, and with an explosion going off in the background) with the award for Most Played Shooter. In fact, Modern Warfare 3 accumulated double the playtime of its competitor, Battlefield 3, in the first month of their respective releases. Ouch.
Head over to Raptr to view the full report. There are some interesting stats to be found there. And do these awards line up with your own personal gaming habits in 2011? Sound off below.