Ohio Teen Sparks Apartment Fire Trying To Kill Bed Bug, Causes $300K In Damages

Photo: Roger Eritja (Getty)

Remember when we told you that a guy set fire to his mobile home trying to kill a bunch of spiders? Well it looks like he might have been outdone by one teen who tried to do everything in his power to destroy a bed bug. Every burn down his apartment.

The 13-year-old boy from Cincinnati, noticed that a bed bug was in his presence. So what is one to do? Well this kid decided that he would soak the bed bug in alcohol. He then decided he would lit a match and burn the hell out of the bug. The only problem is that in doing so, he also kicked off a huge apartment fire. Whoops.

The fire was big enough to cause $300,000 in damages

“This was accidental. He wasn’t in there just playing with matches. It wasn’t the smartest thing, obviously, but he was trying to get rid of a bed bug,” a fire official said.

But now because of this three adults and five children were displaced and now need a place to live. But thankfully, no injuries were reported.

The American Red Cross is working to find housing for the folks left without a home, so that’s a plus.

In conclusion, if you’re trying to kill a bug, don’t burn your place to the ground.

h/t Fox 8

They should have burn down this hotel: Couple Attacked By Hundreds Of Bed Bugs In NYC Hotel