Belgium Dude Left Unable To Get An Erection After Being Scratched By Cat
Photo: izold (Getty)
In today’s “weird as all hell news,” a case report in the British Medical Journal has revealed how a patient was left unable to get an erection after he was scratched by a cat.
The unknown 23-year-old man was left suffering from symptoms from the disease known as “cat scratch fever,” a disease caused by a type of bacteria found in cats’ mouths and claws. But what were one of the symptoms this poor dude was left with? Erectile dysfunction and pain in his testicles. And this is why cats are assholes.
The man informed medics of his cat accident and was quickly given antibiotics, which luckily for the man treated him in three weeks.
Here’s what doctors had to say about this bizarre case.
‘The symptoms quickly vanished and he fully regained his erectile function. In this case the patient was unable to provoke erection despite his will even during periods of calm symptoms.”
Cats that carry this bacteria, known as Bartonella henselae, can actually pass the disease on to humans by bites or scratches, or if their saliva gets into a person’s open wound. And cat lovers, up to 40% of cats carry the bacteria at some point in their lives.
So guard your testicles.