Woman Farts During Surgery, Causes Hospital Fire

Photo: Sam Edwards (Getty)

You know that funny friend who always considers blowing out his birthday candles with a fart until someone convinces him not to? Well, that’s nothing compared to what happened to this poor woman.

Most farts are harmless, but some can have big consequences. Take for example the South African soccer player who was fired after “farting at his coach.” Or the British man who was charged with child cruelty after farting in a kid’s face. But this, this right here takes the cake.

This actually occurred believe it or not. A woman in her 30s, who has obviously not been identified, was actually badly burned at a Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Japan after, and get this, starting a small fire after throwing a fart during surgery. Yep.

Explosions

Photo: Ken Hermann (Getty)

According to a hospital report published in The Asahi Shimbun, the woman was having a laser used by doctors on her cervix when out of nowhere the woman passed some gas which hit the laser and started a fire. Holy hell, imagine telling that story to friends.

Now all of this is not a laughing matter because unfortunately, the woman did end up suffering horrible burns to most of her body, her waist, and her legs. The fire was easily contained, but not after seriously harming the woman.

“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report states.

This was obviously just a bizarre and terrible accident, but now this just terrifies me even more to go under the knife. Hell, I can wake up with burns because my damn body decided to pass some gas.

Here’s hoping the woman makes it out OK.

h/t Distractify

And then there is this woman: Canadian Teacher Allegedly Tells Student To Lick Her Where She Farts