FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Update 2.05 Now Live, Brings Server Transfers
Tired of running Castrum Meridianum over and over again in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn? Would you rather make money by running dungeons than go broke? Better yet, do you actually want to be able to play with your friends who are stuck on different servers? Today’s your lucky day.
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn‘s v2.05 update is now live. In addition to bug fixes it makes sweeping changes to the endgame landscape. Below are just some of its changes:
- The quest required for promotion to second lieutenant within a Grand Company has been changed from Amdapor Keep to Aurum Valve
- The Wanderer’s Palace now rewards 100 Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and 30 Allagan Tomestones of Mythology
- Amdapor Keep now rewards 100 Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and 40 Allagan Tomestones of Mythology
- Enemies now drop gil in The Wanderer’s Palace, Amdapor Keep, Castrum Meridianum, and The Praetorium
- Mechanics and enemy positioning have been adjusted in The Wanderer’s Palace and Castrum Meridianum
- Experience gained by botanists and miners from level 16 onwards has been increased.
- Enhancing effects and enfeebling effects applied to another player or enemy by your character will now always appear to the left of all other status effects underneath the target bar
- The respawn rate of diremites in the North Shroud has been adjusted
AK and HM Garuda runs have quickly become the hot new ticket item to powerful gear. If you plan on doing CM speed runs, expect to take a little longer since you no longer can skip trash packs.
While server transfers are intended to be live, Square Enix is combating issues with the system. Expect them to be available later today.
The long awaited v2.1 update is only weeks away with player housing, The Crystal Tower, and PvP in-store. Stay tuned for more as its release approaches.