Amy Winehouse Died Of A “Misadventure”

Amy Winehouse‘s death was ruled accidental. E! Online reports:

Three months after Amy Winehouse’s unexpected passing, and her official cause of death has finally been revealed. Turns out, her family was right: it wasn’t drugs that killed her. It was alcohol. British coroner Suzanne Greenway announced today that the 27-year-old suffered a “death by misadventure” on July 23, and that her passing was an “unintended consequence” of accidental alcohol poisoning. An initial autopsy taken in the wake of the singer’s death was inconclusive, though no drugs were found in her system at the time. But according to both Greenway and pathologist Suhail Baithun, plenty of alcohol, sadly, was. Baithun told the inquest committee this morning, where their findings were revealed, that Winehouse had consumed “a very large quantity of alcohol” and that her blood-alcohol limit was more than five times that of the drunk-driving limit. As for the exact numbers, Greenway told the St. Pancras Coroners Court at today’s inquest hearing that the singer had 416 mg of alcohol per 100 ml of blood. The legal limit in Britain is 80 mg.

Amy Winehouse consumed over five times the legal limit. Unless someone strapped her down with an IV of Stoli Raspberry or she was drinking her way out of an 80-proof piranha tank, I’m not sure how this could be considered accidental alcohol poisoning.