Heath Ledger’s Joker Voted The Best Movie Villain Ever Because Who Can Top It?
Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures
It’s news like this that really rattles some cages, but these voting results are all thanks to Ranker so if you don’t agree it’s best you go berate them — although we do agree with the results. Well, we agree with the number one choice for greatest movie villain ever.
Everyone and their mom has seen Heath Ledger’s incredible performance as the Joker in Christopher Nolan’s 2008 The Dark Knight, a performance that won the actor an Oscar even after his tragic death. And even though it’s been more than ten years people continue to talk about his performance. I mean, just take a look at this:
Simply amazing. And the majority of people on the internet agree as Ledger’s Joker was named the best movie villain, with over 17,000 votes — way ahead of the second place finisher, Darth Vader.
Take a look at the top ten below and get ready to lash out.
1. The Joker – The Dark Knight
2. Darth Vader – Star Wars universe
3. Hannibal Lecter – The Silence Of The Lambs
4. Lord Voldemort – Harry Potter universe
5. Freddy Krueger – Nightmare On Elm Street universe
6. Jack Torrance – The Shining
7. Palpatine – Star Wars universe
8. Agent Smith – The Matrix universe
9. Terminator – The Terminator
10. Magneto – The X-Men universe
Hard to disagree with the majority of these, but Agent Smith? Magneto? Yeah, can’t say I agree with those. What do you think of the top ten list? Agree? Disagree? Sound off!
h/t The LADbible