Hotel Serves Couple Steak Dinner Covered In Maggots

Photo: fiulo (Getty)

Something tells me that isn’t well done.

Australian woman Stella Kim and her partner Sushil Lamichhane decided to eat at the Ranch Hotel on Sydney’s north shore. But that quickly turned out to be a bad move as the couple discovered live maggots wriggling out and around their steak dinner.

Here’s what Kim had to say about this disgusting ordeal.

“(I) just couldn’t believe if this was real. It was horrible, unbelievable. Maggots were crawling over and there was a lot of them. It was like a rotten carcass…For a few days we just lost our appetite. It is very hard for me to even [talk about it] now.”

Well, if you can handle it here’s the video of the maggots thanks to Kim’s Facebook.

It didn’t take long for the Ranch Hotel to admit that one of their steaks obviously had an issue, but they instead said that they “serve 262 steaks a day,” and that their “investigation concluded that the incident was due to blowfly larva laid after the meal was cooked, as it is not possible for lava to survive the cooking process.”

People are already bashing this explanation, including Kim. Here’s what she wrote on Facebook.

“The Ranch has been saying this happened instantaneously and worms bursted out somewhat like the Big Bang that created our universe. If someone is [an] expert in biology and thermodynamics, please review the video so that they are educated on food handling.”

Damn, Kim goes hard. Oh, and asked if her or her partner will be returning to the Ranch Hotel to eat, their answer was “no.” Shocking.

h/t NY Post

Speaking of steaks: 7-Year-Old Boy Charged After Peeing On Neighbor’s Steaks